The e-Learning Module is an important knowledge translation tool for the MAG-CP project. It is an interactive online tool for all health care providers. The e-learning module:
- Summarizes the relevant evidence contained in the May 2011 SOGC Clinical Practice Guidelines on Magnesium Sulphate for fetal neuroprotection
- Includes questions and answers to test your knowledge
- Includes other reference material (such as other relevant guidelines) and practice tools (such as physician's orders, pharmacy orders, posters, pocket cards, etc)
- Provides maternal care providers on barriers to practice change, which we hope will stimulate relevant discussion at each institution.
The e-Learning Module uses the online REDCap platform, and presents the module in several parts. Once a section has been completed, an e-mail will be sent that contains a link to the next section of the module, though continuing the module can be done at any time. You can access the module by clicking here. Why not consider putting a link to the e-Learning Module on your hospital intranet?
After completing the e-Learning Module (including the pre-course survey, pre-test, post-test, and questions in the Discussion Forum), you can earn a Certificate of Completion for your CV by e-mailing the MAG-CP co-ordinator (CPN@cw.bc.ca). Please note that this module can be eligible for MAINPRO or MOCOMP CME credits as a Personal Learning Project (PLP). Details can be entered by signing onto MAINPORT.
Below you will find practice tools (such as posters, labels, patient information sheet, pocket cards, etc) that were used to aid in implementing MgSO4 for fetal neuroprotection (click to view/download):
- Reminder Stickers - small 3/4" round reminder stickers (MAG <32) for use in patient cardex in ward. Use Avery 14201 stickers
- MAG-CP Chart insert- for physical patient charts. Contains eligibility checklist for MgSO4 for neurorprotection
- MAG-CP labels - labels for patient charts to act as reminders
- MAG-CP lanyard tags (English) - lanyard tags to attach to hospital ID lanyards. Contains eligibility criteria and decision map.
- Magnesium sulphate eduquick - a short 'eduquick' inservice geared for nurses about thea dministration of MgSO4
- MgSO4 administration pocket card - pocket-sized cards detailing administration and monitoring for MgSO4 administration.
- MgSO4 decision algorithm pocket card - pocket-sized card detailing the decision algorithm for MgSO4 administration
- MgSO4 decision algorithm poster - large decision algorithm poster for MgSO4 administration (FRENCH version here)
- MgSO4 Patient information sheet - info sheet for patients, which can be adapted to local institutional practices (FRENCH version here)
- Physician information sheet - info sheet for physicians detailing key messages and some FAQs about MgSO4 for fetal neuroprotection
- Physician's orders - a template for physician's orders of MgSO4 for fetal neuroprotection, which can be adapted to local institutions
- Prescriber's orders - a template for prescriber's orders of MgSO4 for fetal neuroprotection, which can be adaapted to local institutions